Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You are a Blessing to Me

Well how beautiful is this?

This is our inspiration photo for Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger this week. I was inspired to create a card using watercolor paints, which I haven't done in a very long time.

I couldn't resist:)


This butterfly die I discovered on Betsy Veldman's blog when she made a set of small note cards with it. I instantly loved it. It is a Quickutz die that includes both the solid butterfly and the one with the circle cutouts. I cut them from watercolor paper and then painted with four different colors. I cut off the paper antennas and added the flower stamens in their place.
The leaves were cut with PTI's Turning a New Leaf die and I colored those with Distress Inks - Tattered Straw and Old Paper. The sentiment is PTI's Signature Greetings.
This was a fun card to make. Thanks so much for stopping by.  

12 comments:

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Cindy - LOVE it :)

Valonda said...

Very pretty. I love the beautiful colors of the butterfly.

Sarah C said...

Such a pretty card! Love the color and design. Great job!

Natalie said...

BEAUTIFUL!! The design and dies are wonderful!

Robin K. said...

Love your CAS design! That's one gorgeous butterfly!

Linda Beeson said...

Wonderful take on the Trigger but my favorite part is that great sentiment.

maria f. said...

A fabulous card. The pinky color is scrumptious. The leaves have just that slight tinge of color and the sentiment fits perfectly.

Wida said...

this is super dooper super cute. I like the colors on the card and its CAS feminine feel.

jen said...

What a lovely take!

Suzanne Russell said...

How beautiful is this card?!?! Love the leaf die in the background, too!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautiful card and take on the TT! Love that butterfly. TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cindy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)