Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Scratch & Dent Ikea find

I needed a very small table to set my sewing machine on. I don't usually leave it out. Therefore, I don't use it as much as I would because I always have to set it up. My mom had the idea of putting it in my spare bedroom walk-in closet (which doubles as a wrapping station and storage) and leaving it out. So off to Ikea I went. I found this and thought it was so strange, wondering what it was for. It looked pretty rough and the tag said $25.00 "as is". As I headed to my car I passed the restaurant part of the store and spotted more of the same table - it was one of their restaurant tables!I masked off the silver edging around the top and sprayed it with Rustoleum Sweet Pea and scrubbed it up. I was thinking if a person had a huge deck and did a lot of entertaining how fun it would be to have several of these.

No comments: