Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Here is my entry for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop for November. And here is my non-paper floral embellishment! It has been years since I made a card with silk ribbon embroidery. I made a fun discovery: PTI cardstock is the perfect weight to embroider on. I used to have to embroider on fabric, then attach that to the card. This paper is strong enough, yet doesn't bend when the needle goes through. The leaves are cut from the leaf ribbon and attached with glue dots. See flower close-up below:

Supplies:
Patterned paper: PTI and Memory Box
Cardstock: Vintage Cream
Ink: Versamark
Cream embossing powder
Stamp sentiment: PTI Sweet Love
Ribbon: Lavender Moon

11 comments:

Kacey Elliott said...

WOW - that looks really hard :-) You did a fabulous job! Love it!

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!! i love ribbon embroidery, i must try this!! TFS

Regan said...

wow- such a cool card- I LOVE it!!

Jen Caputo said...

wow! That is so beautiful!!!! I bet it took forever!

k prakken said...

Wonderful card. The ribbon embroidery is so delicate and beautiful.

Lisa H. said...

this is sooo pretty. did it take you a long time to complete! it is so intricit and lovely!

Unknown said...

only one word for this - BEAUTIFUL!!!

Terri said...

Love it! I agree PTI cardstock is great for stitching on.

Lori said...

Wow--fabulous look!

Etha said...

ohhhh the ribbon embroidery is perfect!! what beautiful colors too, great job!
I can't believe I missed the blog-hop, such a dork!

IamDerby said...

Wow!! Awesome card...love it!