Sunday, May 8, 2011

Friend

Cath's newest Moxie Fab Challenge is to use tissue paper in an innovative way.



Many, many years ago when I first became interested in paper crafting  I took a class at a local college. They taught a lot of the basics of papercrafting. Back then it was dry embossing, embossing using powder, and other basics. One of the things I learned was how to make tissue paper envelopes. I haven't made one in years but this challenge inspired me to use that technique. The other thing that triggered this card is some pretty tissue paper that was part of a gift that my friend Nan gave me. I usually use envelope templates to create the envelopes but this one was made with Papertrey Ink's envelope die. The tissue paper butterfly was made with a MS punch.
Thank you for visiting:)

3 comments:

jen said...

Well isn't this a Moxie Fab use of tissue!?! :)
Happy Mother's day!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SUPER SWEET, love the envelope and the pretty flowers and butterfly!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cindy! Thanks for linking this up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)