Saturday, October 10, 2009

Holiday Mini Notebooks

I made these for some special teachers/staff at my son's school. The idea of the mini notebook comes from Mish. I combined the 2008 Holiday Tags set and the Vintage Labels set. Patterned paper is Holiday Vintage Prints and Text Style Pink Patterns. Since these might be popped in and out of purses I sewed the buttons on. I saw this first on Pine's blog. It seemed like extra work but for this project I really need them to stay put. I was very pleased to find out that my embroidery needle fit through the Vintage Button holes, and extra pleased that the Rustic Twine fit through the needle. You can doulbe click on photo for close up.
Thanks for looking. I am going to make more of these soon:)

7 comments:

Sherry said...

These turned out wonderful!!

jen said...

Love these! What did you use for the paper pad? Did you cut up a larger pad?

anya said...

Cindy, these are fantastic! Love the colors that you used!

Heidi said...

Your notepads are beutiful! Those lucky, lucky staff members!!

i'm with the band said...

Super cute!

Kim said...

I love the way you used the Vintage Labels set to frame the tag images. Cute!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Oh those notebooks are so cute. I love those colors.