Thursday, June 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop




This inspiration photo is from one of my favorite local shops, Today's Country Store in Sumner, WA. Their little logo phrase is "where everything old is new again" - love that. They have the neatest selction of both old and new things. OK, on to the card. On the damask background paper I stamped a "peeled paint" backgrounder in gray and sanded it to mimick the doors in the picture. If you double click the photo you'll be able to see it. Then I stamped Damask Designs in Pure Poppy ink leaving some spots with less ink to make it look distressed. Bird and semtiment are from Bird Watching, corner detail is Fancy Flourishes. I stitched a branch for the bird to perch on and added hot fix red rhinestones. I added a strip of Papertrey Ink white velvet ribbon down the center of the gingham ribbon.
p.s. I bought those old red chairs in the picture. They are at the powder coaters being transformed:)


25 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute card!! tfs!!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! I love those colors!

Bethany Paull said...

Nice photo and fab creation. I love how you got that vintage feel with your color and pattern choices.

Daniela Dobson said...

Love the colors!

BethieJ said...

Such a SWEET card.. LOVE the colors! and to FUN your new chairs! :) Happy Birthday to your son!!
Have a GREAT night.. from another WA. state girl! :)

Bonnie Lynn said...

Cute card & colors.

Kathleen said...

Great inspiration photo~ I LOVE it~ and your card is lovely. Thanks for playing!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your background and super cute bird. Super job with the fun summer challenge. Thanks for the great eye candy.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

maria fiscella said...

Such a great card...and a what a fabulous find those chairs are! Good for you!

peggysue said...

Cool technique for making the damask look vintage, I'll have to remember that. Very nice, I like your color choices for it too.

Kay D said...

I love this card; very chic! That's also one of my favorite color combos!

Regan said...

ahhhh so cute

Julia Aston said...

What a great shop to be inspired by! love your pretty card with the fun bird!

Susan said...

Love that shop! Your card is beautiful, we used the same colors! You did a terrific job reflecting the feel of your inspiration photo!

Kim said...

Adorable, I especially love the red gingham.

Deanna said...

So pretty!

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful card Cindy! Great use of your inspirational piece!

Lori said...

Very nice!!

Banu said...

Very very pretty :)

Debbie Olson said...

Fun color scheme--love that gathered trim!

Jessica said...

Very pretty! I love how you pulled your color combo from the photo!

Heidi said...

The colors work so well together. Such a pretty card!

Joni M said...

What great inspiration! I love the card!

cre8ivecrafter said...

I grew up with those SAME chairs! FYI...do *NOT* attempt to sit in them (without a covering) after they have been in the sun. If you do forget and accidently sit in one while it is hot...you will only do it ONCE. Your burned buns and thighs will be a constant reminder not to do it again! ;-)